Welcome to term 2!
This term we are learning all about Celebrations! We will be learning about Halloween, Bonfire Night, Birthdays and Christmas, as well as themed Autumn and Winter activities too! The children will be learning specific vocabulary to do with these topics through a range of different activities which will include stories, sensory messy play, sorting games and craft making activities. Children will also be continuing their sensory and therapeutic interventions as well as learning how to exchange symbols and photographs to request items.
Activity ideas to do at home:
* Take a walk in the woods and look at the different coloured leaves in the trees and on the floor
* Mix red and yellow paint to make some orange pumpkins
* Create fireworks by moving around and imitating firework noises
* Have a 'teddy bears' picnic with some of your favourite cuddly toys
* Make some cakes together
* Look at fiction and non-ficton stories about different celebrations, or celebrations that different religions or countries celebrate
* Make some Christmas decorations for your tree
The Honey Bees team