Specialisms and specialist facilities
Specialisms & Special Facilities
Meadowfield School is the Swale District Special School for pupils with Profound,SevereandComplexNeeds(PSCN). The school was designed and built to be fully accessible to all pupils.
Each key Stage has a suite of rooms; in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 these include classroom bases, mini ICT suites and individual work spaces. In the Key Stage 2 suite there is a specific phonics learning area.
In the Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 suites there is a mix of subject teaching rooms and class based rooms. These also have individual work spaces and mini ICT suites.
The school has a range of specialist teaching rooms, these include
- An Art and Design Technology room
- A science room
- A Food technology room
- An ICT suite
- A Music room and music practice room
- A hydrotherapy pool with a suite of changing facilities.
- The curriculum is also enhanced through:
- The Primary and Secondary libraries
- The soft play room
- The sensory room
- The hall with stage and lighting for performing arts
Learning outside the classroom is enhanced through:
- Outdoor learning areas for Key Stage 1 classes
- Large playground areas
- The adventure trail
- Ann McLean's Meadow Garden
- The soft pore games area and playing field
- A number of mini buses to facilitate offsite visits to enrich learning.
There are a range of other specialist rooms used by external agencies which included:
- A Parents room
- A medical room
- A Therapy room
- Conference room
- Midas training centre
Pre-School and 6th Form provision
Honey Bees an Assessment and Observation pre-school is integrated within Meadowfield School . Honey bees have their own outdoor learning area, ICT facilities, food preparation area and personal care suite. The 6th Form has a range of class bases along with a food technology room, student common room, sensory room and personal care suites. Further information can be found in the Honey bees and 6th Form pages.
Meadowfield complies with the requirements of the Special Educational Needs Disability Discrimination Act and Equality Duty Legislation.